Saturday, June 18, 2011

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

I've been going to Five Guys since they opened their location on Congress Avenue in Boynton Beach. Their claim to fame is that all their burgers are prepared from fresh ground beef. They don't even have a freezer, just a cooler.

I really like going to Five Guys for a few reasons:
1. They believe in the K.I.S.S. formula. And I'm not talking Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. I am talking about Keep It Simple, Stupid! A burger, with cheese and/or bacon. 15 toppings. Fries and a drink. Or a hotdog.
2. I think fresh ground beef just tastes better.
3. I like the complimentary peanuts.
4. They know how to serve great tasting fries. In a cup of course. A cup that overflows and half fills up your to go bag. I made a mistake and ordered a large size fries once. Can you say "too much?"

But there is one thing that I don't like about Five Guys. Their standard burger is a "double." That is two fresh ground patties stacked on the bun. I would prefer one large patty instead, so I usually get two of the little burgers (with fries of course!)

Five Guys is a refreshing (pun intended) upgrade to the usual fast food hamburger joints and if you are a hamburger lover Five Guys must be on your radar.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...